At United Parcel Service, Inc., together with our subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “UPS”), we respect your privacy concerns.
Our privacy practices may vary in the countries or territories in which we operate to conform to local practices and legal requirements.
You can view country-specific information by selecting the link in the appendix below.
We Receive Following information
We may collect personal information from consumers (such as name, contact information and payment information) in connection with various activities such as (i) the use of websites and UPS applications, (ii) shipping activities, including delivery and collection of shipments Tracking or answering questions, (iv) events in which we participate, (v) promotions and other offers and (vi) calls made to service centers and accounting centers that register.
The types of personal information we can obtain include:
- Personal and commercial contact information (such as name, company name, address, e-mail address and telephone or fax number)
- Shipping information (such as (i) shipping contact information, such as name, address, e-mail address and phone number of the sender, recipient, and / or neighbor) with UPS My Choice neighbors) for testing of delivery, (iii) the UPS account number and (iv) the information you provided to allow us access to the places where we provide the service) and the information we provide. Some shipments have been made available, but only to the extent in which the identifiable person can be connected to that content.
- Information that allows us to verify the identity of a person.
- Names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of other people who are asked to send us information
- Information in response to surveys.
- Username, password and other credentials to access UPS products and services
- Social media managers, content and other data published on our official pages on social media or elsewhere on the Internet (for example in other public places), as well as information (eg E-mail Address and other information you share) that we receive through applications UPS, tools, widgets and social media add-ons (including third-party access services, such as “registered with Facebook”)
- The geographical location of your mobile device when you use certain features of our applications
Payment information (including payment card details or online payment service number and billing address) and financial information (such as bank account numbers)
- Tax identification number in the circumstances in which products or services are requested for which such information is required or in relation to certain promotions or lotteries.
- Other personal information that could be provided to us to obtain a UPS product or UPS service
- We also receive personal information from our customers to provide services. We may receive personally identifiable information from third parties, including public databases, social media platforms or external partners such as analysts or marketing providers.
When we take or deliver a shipment or provide other services, we may receive information about physical location. These include, for example, data that identifies the actual location of a physical address based on information such as GPS data, geocoding, latitude and longitude information, and images of various locations.
When you visit our websites, use our applications or interact with tools, widgets or add-ons relating to UPS, we may collect certain information in an automated manner, such as cookies and web beacons. Information collected in this way includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser properties, device features, operating system, language settings, referring URL, information on actions and appointments, and hours of activity. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or to another device connected to the Internet to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon”, also called internet tag, pixel tag or transparent GIF, links web pages or web server applications and can be used to transmit information to a web server. Through these automatic collection methods, we receive and store “Click Flow” data to view usage patterns. We may associate certain elements of data that we have collected in an automated manner, such as browser information, with other information we receive about you to notify us, for example, if you have opened an email address we sent you.
How do we use the information we receive?
We may use the information we receive for:
- Collection, delivery and tracking of shipments.
- Provide the desired products and services (eg logistics, supply chain management, customs clearance, brokerage services and financial services)
- Process and collect payments.
- Provide customer support and answer questions, questions and comments
- Send tracking updates (from UPS and / or our business partners) and help you choose convenient shipping options
Configure and manage your UPS account (including your online account at UPS.com and its various features like Address Book and UPS Billing Center)
- We offer products and services that we believe may interest you.
- Communicate and manage your participation in special events, programmers, surveys, lotteries, lotteries and other promotions or promotions.
- You can post on our blogs and interact with UPS through social networks
- Send information to your contacts when you request them.
- Modify the requests we receive regarding our services.
- We operate, evaluate and improve our business (including the development of new products and services, communications management, determination of sales, marketing and advertising effectiveness, analysis and improvement of our products, services, sites Web and applications and the security of our activities) Networks and information systems, accounting, auditing, invoicing, brokerage and collection activities, and improvement and maintenance of the quality of our services to customers)
- Perform data analysis (including market and consumer analysis and research, trend and profile analysis, financial analysis and anonymisation of personal information)
- Protect, detect and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities, complaints and other responsibilities.
Observe the applicable legal regulations and our guidelines.
- Establish, exercise and defend legal claims.
- Monitor and report compliance problems
We also use the information we collect online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) adapting our users’ visits to our sites and applications, (ii) providing content (including advertising) to which we adapt. our users and the way our users navigate our websites and applications and (iii) manage our business. We may supplement the information we collect with information about your location (such as the zip code) to provide content that may interest you. We also use this information to diagnose technical and service issues, to administer our websites and applications, to identify users of our websites and applications, and to gather demographic information about our users. We use click-through data to determine usage patterns and how we can customize our websites and applications to better meet the needs of our users. Our websites and applications are not designed to respond to browser requests.